Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Roadblocks of the start up

The first major roadblock were petty arguments among the cofounders (my sisters) because there were too many chefs in the kitchen.  That was resolved . . . for now at least.  The next hurdle was finding a location.  We found a location and so negotiating the lease shouldn't be a big deal since my mom's flower shop has been a faithful tenant one door over for the last 25+ years.  The ultimate hurdle we are now currently facing, is financing.  We thought it would be easy if we each put in a couple grand, but calculating all the costs of rent and renovations has been a reality slap across the face.  Based on my research, bank loans for start-ups are extremely hard to come by.  The best option is to borrow . . . from who would be the question.  One sister is a stay at home mom, another sister works part time, and another sister is a student.  My money maker won't start until October.  It'll be all too easy to quit or even to postpone until the end of the year, but I want this business up and running before I start work.  I want to be fully committed to my job and not have this start up lingering in the back of my mind.  Time is what I have now (except from May to July for final exams and the bar), but money is what I don't have.  Later, I will have the money but absolutely no time.  So what do I do?  Go find the money one way or the other because you can't buy time.  This seems to be the part where most people with great start-up ideas quit, but not me.
After all, it's just spilt coffee.
via Julia.blogg.se

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...