Thursday, March 22, 2012

Confessions of an Average Twenty-Something

Vogue Italia July 2007
Hi my name is Natalie and I am your average twenty-something year old.  
I am still trying to figure out what it takes to push myself out of this state of mediocrity
 and into the realm of chic and creative fulfillment.  
I have a bucket list that I add on to 
But only when I know it’s feasible 
(because I don’t like to disappoint myself)
I’m interested in politics and would like to think I can be a young political correspondent like Nicole Lapin  –  
But my limited knowledge and opinions are really all borrowed from CNN and NPR.  
I like to think I’m a fashionista like MK and Ash – 
But law school stress equates to leggings and a tee that’s more hobo than hobo chic.  
I'd like to be an entrepreneur of a successful consignment business like Corri McFadden 
But I've only got a dream and literally a dollar.  
I practice yoga and would like to think I have the same passion for it like Tara Stiles  –  
But I only do it to stay in shape because I’m lazy and hate the pains of working out.  
I juice to detox  
But then I defeat the purpose altogether by drinking coffee right after 
(with condense milk, because I’m Vietnamese).  
I love wine and feel sophisticated when I drink it  
But I really like beer better so I sometimes drink it in a wine glass for the same effect.  
I like to imagine I’m sitting outside a quaint café by myself in red lipstick and an Hermès scarf, ordering a butter croissant and a café au lait with a French accent as I blog about my fancy life. . . 
But nope, I’m in my apartment eating ramen in my Target tights and tee, blogging about this life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...