Wednesday, February 1, 2012

death is such a numbing experience.  it's so much different from merely having someone walk out of your life.  i can't believe how one minute I'm introduced to my boyfriend's best friend's wife, then the next I'm writing a college paper about how an aspiring model became a young mom in high school, then I'm visiting her at the hospital with "it's a boy" flowers, and soon I'll be bringing flowers to her funeral.  she had the perfect life: a loving husband, two beautiful kids, a nice home, a good job, a close-knit family. . . she was only 26.  I don't understand how this can all happen so suddenly.  people say God works in mysterious ways, but I just don't understand how he can allow this to happen - and to such kindhearted people.  as I grow older, death just seems to be a common thread intertwined in all our happy moments. . . it does make me appreciate life and my loved ones that much more and help me really realize that nothing lasts forever.  only time can heal.  my heart goes out to their family.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...