Monday, January 16, 2012

check check and check

Today is the last day of winter break!  I did exactly what I set out to do and it feels great!

Winter Break Plan
1.  Read more: see last entry 
2.  Blog often: I sure did!
3.  Bikram Yoga: as much as I possibly could and squeezing in the Jillian Michaels workout at least once a week.  Detox plan was on and off but I lost 3 pounds this week.  3 pounds to go to get to my ideal weight.                                 
4.  Bar Prep Plan:  Eh. . . I did a couple things for it, but still ways to go
5.  Mini Getaway with the BF: Wine Country!
6.  Plan Graduation Vacation: Europe!
7. Remodel Vanity and Office area
Before
(I forgot to take a before photo and
took this right before I was about to paint it :/)
After


No pics of office area, just vanity area.  I repainted the wood to black.  Replaced the knob.  Got a new mirror (for free from my brother in law who had it in his garage!).  Bought new trays and cups and tissue holder for less than $100.  I never got a chance to get a new stool, but that can wait.  Not bad. 

I was going to have a longer entry today, but running late!  Have to work out real quick and meet up with a friend for lunch!  But I wanted to share a quick find!  I was having dinner at a snazzy Cuban restaurant called Habana with the bf last Friday night and while we were waiting for our table we decided to check out a vintage store next door.  Out of the corner of my eye I spotted an interesting brown bag behind the register and decided to take a closer look.  What do you know, it was a vintage Miu Miu bag!  I was hesitant because I never buy used designer bags for fear they might not be authentic, but this one was definitely real and in great condition!  An easy 4 figures purse for a mere $98 was definitely a steal but I wasn't sure just because I didn't want to buy the bag merely for the brand.  We left it there and went to dinner but I couldn't stop thinking about it all night!  Even after two caiparinhas!  So we came back the next day to buy it and I absolutely adore it!  It was a great way to end this winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...