Friday, January 13, 2012

Before Sunrise . . . Before Sunset

Last night I made the bf watch "Before Sunrise" because I read an article about it in ForbesWomen and because it looked like a romantic movie with substance (and took place in Europe).  Despite the bf's groaning during the movie at alleged lame, cheesy parts, I absolutely adored it!  It was about two twenty-something strangers who meet on a train and decide to explore Vienna together.  They walk around the beautiful city and just talk about love, life, religion, politics, and everything within 24 hours.  There was no modern day lust, but pure connection of finding a soulmate.  Of course they fall in love, but make no promises about the future.  Julie Delpy was absolutely stunning and flawless!  The couple embodied the type of timeless chemistry I could only yearn for.  

Favorite scene in the record booth

We watched the 10 years later sequel, "Before Sunset," where they meet again in their 30s (in Paris!) and life just didn't manifest itself into a fairy tale ending. . . and that's why it felt so real.  Love this movie. 
 "Life's hard. It's supposed to be. If we didn't suffer, we'd never learn anything" -Jesse
"Memory is a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past" -Celine 
"I read one of (my journal) from '83, the other day and what really surprised me, was that I was feeling with life, the same way am now.  I was much hopeful and naive, but the core, and the way I was feeling things, is exactly the same!  It made me realize I haven't changed much at all." -Celine
via IMDB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...