Tuesday, January 31, 2012

100th Post!

via Pinterest
I've been putting off writing this post for lack of time and really, at this point, lack of anything interesting to say.  My schedule is tremendously easy compared to the last 2.5 years of law school.  Nonetheless, I've picked up a project to work on - opening a consignment store with my sisters.  I have to say that it is extremely hard to work with 3 other dramatic people with different visions and end goals, but boy am I trying hard to make it work.  I'm on an oddly strict schedule when it comes down to it, so something's gotta give.  Although this was originally my dream at the get go and I would love to be able to nurture it from fetus to birth, I realize that I cannot take this on 100% without it affecting law school, my passing the bar, and my new job this Fall.  That's why I decided it would be a family run business and I'm willing to compromise with them.  Besides, splitting the start-up costs and other expenses is definitely worth it at this point of my financial life.  This was something I've always dreamed of when I was younger, and although I'm taking a slightly safer path in terms of consignment, it will still be something great to check off my list before I turn 30.  My sisters and I haven't really told anyone about this yet- we've just been researching, planning, and trying to find the perfect location.  They're great dreamers, like me, but their biggest struggle is execution - so that means I have to carry them through most pitfalls we encounter so they don't quit on me.  One is working hard to get to Pharm school, the other has 2.5 kids, and the other just doesn't follow through with what she starts.  So with all our other obligations, we have to really try to focus at the planning stages.  I read the entire How to book (Too Good to be Threw by Kate Holmes), created an inspiration board on Pinterest, and have some ideas of location.  So biggest goal is to have a grand opening in April! Yes, that's 3 months away!  I feel that because I've blogged it all out, it has to happen!  So I invite you on the beginning phases of my entrepreneurship journey!  Less blogging about Politiks (school, etc) and more blogging about Blahniks (fashion)!          

Henri Cartier-BressonBrasserie Lipp, 1969 Paris
Which brings me to the culmination of being 25.  Yes, my birthday is not for another 18 days, but what perfect timing but now to reflect and plan again?  About a year ago, I made a very boring "life map" . . .


circa Jan 2011: 
Age
Goal
25
JD/LLM in progress
26
Graduate, Pass the bar
Work for the IRS for 3 years
27
Work--- Engaged
28
Work ---Married
29
Work---First Kid
30-35
Open Tax Boutique Firm
   
I guess I was trying to be safe and somewhat realistic, but now that I realize I can control what happens in the future and it never hurts to dream big, I will get back on track with what I truly love.

Age
Goal
26
*Open Boutique 
*Graduate Law School/Pass the Bar
*Start Work  
27-28
*Work   
29
*Work: make manager 
*Marriage
30 &up
*First Kid
*Make Partner
*Get published. . . 
dream: NY Times Bestseller :)

Now that looks a lot more fun!  The last 25 years was great!  I wouldn't change a thing!  I feel like I've accomplished as much as a I possibly could and paved such an exciting future for myself!  Here's to a wonderful journey out of my twenties!

Love,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...