Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patty's Day

via Julia.blogg.se
For St. Patty's Day, my friends and I went to hear Arianna Huffington speak about transformational leadership at UCLA.  Walking back on campus was such a surreal and nostalgic experience.  I never remembered Powell Library and Royce Hall being so breathtaking!  I was too busy trying to graduate and get into the working world that I never realized how great college life was and how beautiful my surroundings were! 
Arianna's speech was cliche, but nonetheless inspirational and a nice reminder to ourselves to find the leader within us all.  I found it funny that many things she quoted I had read recently from a book or article (eg. Colette).  After a great motivational speech, we went to the great college town of Westwood to grab drinks at BrewCo (the last time I was here was 6 years ago as a sophomore!).  We ended the night at an interesting karaoke/dive bar called The Brass Monkey.  The night felt so alive! 
@ Powell Library, green beer at Westwood BrewCo, The Brass Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...