Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bungee Jump!

On Friday night I texted my friend whether she would like to join me and some others on a nice hike in the Hollywood Hills on Saturday morning.  Instead, she asks me if I would like to join her and some friends to do a more intense hike and then bungee jump off the Bridge to Nowhere on Sunday.  Without a second thought, I said yes!  Bungee jumping was the one think I swore I would never attempt, because it just seemed downright scary and crazy.  I have to admit I only added it to my bucket list after the fact.

However, it was an amazing adventure!  I woke up at 5 am (actually 4 am because of the time change),  drove with my friends to Azusa, and did an intense 5 mile hike uphill, over rocky terrains and through lots of rivers just to get to the bridge.           
 When it was time for the bungee jump I was surprisingly the first girl to go (not by choice by the way)!  I guess it was better because I wasn't exactly quite sure what I was in for.  I barely looked over the bridge and almost died at how high up we all were.  The guide said he would count down from 5 before I do my big jump, and that was is all about controlling your mind over your body, because once you can just let go of the fear, you can do it!  I definitely thought I would hesitate when he got to 1, but for some crazy burst of energy I didn't hesitate and just jumped!  Everything happened so quickly and I felt like I was falling for the longest time and didn't know when I was going to hit the bottom!  The adrenaline was unbelievable!  I never thought I would be able to do anything like it and I was extremely proud of myself, knowing the type of scaredy-cat person I am (heck, I almost died when my friends peer pressured me into watching Paranormal Activity with them just last month!).  
Afterwards, we all hiked 5 miles back, for a whopping total of 10 miles!  
It was a day trip alright, and an unforgettable one.  If I can do this, I can do anything.  And so, I signed up my friends and I for The Warrior Dash, a 5K obstacle course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...